Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Sunday, November 26, 2006

So here I am, not really interesting in anything much. My job hasn't really been very challenging, and I've been relatively unmotivated to do anything. I have a couple of highly interesting activities in which I'm participating. I teach online, I teach one class face-to-face, I've written a grant to incorporate wikibooks into an introductory university class, and I'm in the process of writing another grant to implement podcasting into the feedback methodology for my online class.

One might think with this type of activity, I'd have posted about something before, or would at least have posted about something relatively minor. The truth is, I've had very little interest in this blogging thing lately.

That changed tonight. The impetus for my posting is actually a movie that I saw this evening. I was absolutely blown away by "Stranger Than Fiction." This movie was fantastic, and immediately has landed on my short list of favorite films of all time. I've been trying to figure out what it was about the film that really captured me, but I'm still not sure. The movie was mostly an interesting story, well written and well acted. The thing that really connected me to the movie, however, is that the story was about a man overcoming his circumstance, finding he was more than he expected he could be, and being saved because of his humanity and selflessness.

All of these, are things that I would like to believe about myself and would attempt to emulate if given the task. All together, this was the kind of movie that made me want to call a great friend and talk about it for hours - even understanding that he wouldn't have seen it yet and wouldn't have any inkling of what I was talking.

Anyway, I can't recommend the movie highly enough...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kingsley said...

Hey - Glad to see you're back to the Blogosphere.... you've been soooo quiet lately - i wondered if you had dropped off the Earth..! :-)

The online teaching stuff sounds great - definately something to get motivated by!

Keep on Rocking in the Free World...

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home