Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

So here I sit...

It's nearly midnight in England, and I'm trying to figure out whether to go to bed or stay up. CNN International is showing analysis. I'm cautiously optimistic that Kerry will win by a fairly substantial margin, however, I often think that I may be a victim of echo chamber mentality. I've read lots of very good indicators for Kerry lately, but, obviously, these are all on sites that are left leaning - this makes me cautious in making any certain statements, but if I had to guess, I'd say that Kerry will be the president elect later this evening, and that it won't get to the so called "margin of litigation."

Anyway, the point of this post is to thank everyone who voted. I hope you voted for Kerry, but if you didn't, you've got my respect for doing your civic duty. When it comes right down to it, the one thing that can bring Americans of every stripe together is the knowledge that we have the ability to make a difference - one vote at a time. This is a very powerful thing, and everyone who voted should hold their head high, regardless of the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home