Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Thursday, October 07, 2004

On The Bus

I ride the bus to work each day, and today a couple sweet old ladies sat down in the seat behind me for the last few minutes before I got off at my stop. I couldn't help overhearing thier conversation as they both seemed a bit hard of hearing and had to speak loudly to be heard. Mostly their conversation was the normal day to day fare, but they soon got on the topic of fashion...specifically how long skirts, such as they ones they had worn as young ladies, had come back into fashion. They both seemed taken by this idea, and it gave them the opportunity to reflect upon their own youth. I could tell by their conversation that they were enjoying the thought that they had been the originator of such "hip" and "trendy" attire. I don't know how accurate this is, and I won't even attempt to guess, but I can say that it was great to hear one of them say to the other that wearing those types of skirts "made her feel like the bee's knees."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home