Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Cross posting

This is really a story that works better on my In Flagrante Delicto blog, and I won't write about fantasy football here, but I'm sick of herding cats. I'm not sure about you, but I don't mind having a supervisory role over people in my professional life...I can issue orders, plan strategy and make decisions with the best of them. The problem is when you have the "job" of organizing a social function...for example, a dinner party or a weekly poker game or, in my case, a fantasy football league. Any time anything goes wrong, and trust me...something is guaranteed to go wrong, you're the one that's blamed. Even if you're not blamed, you're the one that is supposed to fix the crap that's happened. I'm willing to take that responsibility in my professional life - it's what I get paid for - but in my social events, I'd rather be one of the guys who goes along to get along. I don't want to have to worry about idiots not being technologically literate, and causing problems that can't be easily fixed.

This brings me to my next point...men can be extremely whiny at times. I know this because I'm a man, and I've been known to be whiny at times (although, I'd like to think that I get over it pretty quickly and with most of my dignity intact). Honestly, after having listened to the morons in my fantasy football league whine about technology problems that have screwed them over, I'm not sure how women actually put up with us for any amount of time...it makes me love my wife even more than I do already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home