Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Monday, July 19, 2004

Holy Crap...
 
Can it really be two weeks since my last post?  My recent travels have done a pretty good job of bending my reality, and made it pretty hard for me to get my feet under me.  Not for any legitimate reason, such as having an earth shattering experience or finding religion or any other such foolishness, but rather, for more mundane reasons...I haven't been able to fit all of the things that need to be done into my schedule.  Traveling is a beautiful and freeing experience.  It allows new experiences, sights, foods, sensations, but it also condenses all of the ordinary life that happens around it.  Short work weeks, travel preparations, long flights...all of these things puts tremendous pressure on a person to complete all of the "needed" tasks before the travel, or immediately after returning.  The problem that I've had is that the travel schedule that I've kept recently hasn't allowed for the interspersed home time to ever return to normal...I've been in a perpetual loop of pre-travel prep, travel, post-travel recovery for nearly two months now, and it's getting really old.  I'm not designed to live out of a suitcase.  I like to sleep in my own bed, shop at my corner market where I know where everything is located, and wake up feeling refres.  I don't know if this makes me overly dependent on routine, something that I have been accused of in the past, or if it just makes me old beyong my years (in the "early bird special" Florida retirement sense)...whichever it ends up being, or if it ends up being something else entirely, it's okay by me.  I've decided that I don't have to be spontaneous or overly energetic to enjoy my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home