Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Sorry to take a few days without a post, but I've been busily preparing my trip to China. I've had a bit of trouble, seeing as you have to have a visa to visit China, and in order to get a visa you have to have a passport that will be good for 6 months from the time of your visit. This caused a couple of problems, as my passport was set to expire in October, and my trip to Beijing is scheduled for June.

So, I had to send my passport to the American Embassy in London to get it renewed, then I had to wait for it to be returned (which it was, yesterday). I now have to go to the Chinese Consulate-General in Manchester tomorrow to drop my passport, paperwork and travel itinerary off. It will then take 3 or 4 days to finalize the visa, which my wife will have to pick up early next week.

In other words, it's tough to visit China, and if you're going to...you better make sure that you have your paperwork in order.

I knew that I should have had my passport renewed before we came over here. I realized that it was going to expire while I was here, but it never occurred to me that I would have a time crunch in order to get it renewed. If not for the China trip, I would still be blissfully waiting for it to become problematic.

This reminds me of my list trip to China...which was a huge difficulty. I don't have time to post it now, but I'll make sure to write it up tomorrow. In the meantime, let me know what your worst travel story is. I bet I got it beat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home