Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Friday, May 21, 2004

Walking

During my trip to Manchester to turn in the paperwork for my trip to China I must have walked 5 miles. If I was smart...(long pause to think about how dumb I am sometimes)...I would have gotten a cab at the train station and been at the Consulate-General in two minutes...instead, I wanted to enjoy the nice day and walk. Of course, when I made that decision, I didn't know that it was nearly three miles. This, added to the fact that I didn't really know where I was going, gave the whole experience a surreal feeling...walking through ethnic neighborhoods with no real idea of where my destination was...woulda been a great experience if I hadn't been nearly two miles into what would be a three mile one-way walk.

But, I got the paperwork in, and can pick it up on Monday...I think I'll have my wife drive me there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home