Hapax Legomenon

The Art of the Singular

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I still haven't told my wife about the job that I applied for. They were supposed to start reviewing the applications yesterday. I'm not sure how long I should hold out hope that I'll hear from them about an interview. I'd be perfect for the job, and I don't lack for qualifications or confidence, so I know that I could do the job. The problem is that I'm not sure if they've only advertised the job for legal reasons, and they already have someone in mind. That kinda would suck, but since I've been on both sides of that fence, I'm not gonna hold it against anyone. I figure that I'll give them until Friday to contact me, and if I don't hear from them, then I'll call and see what's going on.

On another note, I received a very nice send off note from a previous interview. I learned that I wouldn't get the job the same night that I interviewed, but only because I knew one of the people at the University, and they called to inform me. Well, anyway, that was a couple of weeks ago, and I hadn't heard anything official...I'd thought about sending one of those smarmy "thanks for the interview opportunity" emails, but as each day went by without doing it, the process became more and more unlikely to happen...anyway...today I get a letter from the head of the search committee (I'm sure it was a form letter) that told me how proud I should be for getting to the latter stages of the interview process....keep my chin up....they'll keep me informed if anything else comes along...they'd love to have me as an associate (just not this time)...yadda yadda yadda...

Actually, I'm not doing the letter justice. I was very nice, and made me feel a bit better about not having gotten the job...looks like I won't be able to hold off of sending that smarmy email after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home